Wednesday 30 April 2014

Peacock Mehendi

Bebu never has wanted Mehendi/ Henna applied on her hands. Up until yesterday!

I was quite surprised when she asked for Mehendi completely voluntarily. Grandma had purchased a henna cone from the market hopeful that someone might use it. Her wishes came true!

Bebu wanted a peacock and had specific instructions on how the feathers had to have eyes and dots and lines that needed to go in a specific direction. Despite my rusty Mehendi drawing skills, she approved of the design.

She patiently sat through the application disappointed to learn that all peacocks were "boys"...

"They shouldn't be the boys.. The peahens should be the boys and the peacocks the girls!"

"And Amma, I want to see Baby Peacocks! And a peacock nest.. and eggs!"

As I finished the design,  I begged her to let me capture a picture.As soon as I clicked, she ran to the sink to wash it off.

"Wait! You are supposed to keep it for longer so that the design can be visible" I said.

"Well, you already got a picture, so you can look at it if you want!" She replied.

It took her less than 5 seconds to undo the partially dried henna. Remarkably there was some impression of a design!

 Here's Bebu's first ever Mehendi that she asked for by choice!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts! Having said that, I have no energy for hateful messages! Peace:)